Responsible for developing and maintaining functional and secure networks and optimizing our networks for our users to establish the network infrastructure that covers the customer needs.
- Education: BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, and CCNP is preferred
- Professional Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in industry-related field as a Network Engineer/Administrator.
Responsibilities and duties
- Design and implement functional network infrastructure.
- Monitor the network operation and solve the operation/ users problems.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices.
- Monitor network performance and integrity.
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure.
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery).
- Communicate with users when needed.
- Maintain complete technical documentation.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of operating systems: Windows, Linux.
- Networking knowledge: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
- Solid background in network administration and architecture.
- In-depth understanding of data communication protocols.
- Familiarity with access control models and network security.
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.